Petition to extend transfer station hours presented to board
Lois Lervold attended the Monday meeting of Cloud County board of commissioners and presented a petition with 213 signatures from citizens requesting the hours of the Transfer Station be changed to 8 a.m.-4 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. on Thursday and Saturday.
Because the Transfer Station operates solely on fees, commissioners said it would be very difficult to extend the hours of operation without increasing fees.
In other Transfer Station business, Solid Waste director Justin Murdock reported workers had completed the 120-day cover at the construction demolition landfill last Thursday and had their annual KDHE inspection.
The board approved payment of these vouchers on behalf of the Public Building Commission: City of Concordia, $119,631.02; Zahner Hansen Construction Group, $188,135.10; and Goldberg Architects, $5,067.69.
Commissioners received two budget appropriation requests for 2014 which they will consider when preparing the County budget.
Dana Brewer, president, and Betty Losh, treasurer, of the Cloud County Historical Society, presented an overview of the capital improvement projects that were completed in 2012 and presented a request for the Society of $36,000 which is the same as 2013.
Sheila Nelson-Stout, Lorraine Harris and Patrick Wallerius, OCCK, gave an overview of services provided by OCCK and presented a request for $106,094, which is the same amount requested in 2013.
Andy Asch, highway administrator, reported his employees have been spraying County right-of-way when weather permits and addressing thistle problems with landowners.
In other matters the board
•gave permission to the Concordia Rotary Club to use the ALCO parking lot for its pie and ice cream sale July 3, requested by Rotarian, Judie Deal.
•approved allowing the chairman to sign the Special Event Cereal Malt Beverage Licenses for the American Legion Club 76 for the Fairgrounds.
Commissioner Gary Caspers reported he attended the Homeland Security meeting June 12 in Beloit; Commissioner Johnita Crawford reported she attended the Tourism meeting June 10.
Adjournment was at 11:53 a.m.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Petition to extend transfer station hours presented to board - Jun. 18, 2013
- For the record 6-18-13 - Jun. 18, 2013
- Design day scheduled for City Park project - Jun. 14, 2013
- Courthouse 6-14-13 - Jun. 14, 2013
- For the record 6-14-13 - Jun. 14, 2013
- Nominations sought for county committees - Jun. 14, 2013
- Champlin to participate in national competition - Jun. 14, 2013
- For the record 6-13-13 - Jun. 14, 2013
- Russell man injured in motorcycle crash - Jun. 14, 2013
- USD 333 board discusses facilities issues - Jun. 11, 2013
- For the record 6-11-13 - Jun. 11, 2013
- Department heads meet with commission - Jun. 11, 2013