Anonymous donor gives $100,000 for CCHC facility
The Cloud County Foundation for Health Care has received an anonymous gift of support of $100,000 for the construction of a new Cloud County Health Center (CCHC) facility.
"This is a wonderful year-end pledge to our capital campaign and we are grateful to receive it," Jim Wahlmeier, CEO of CCHC said. "It is gratifying to know that people in the community want to support our efforts to build a new hospital."
The proposed Cloud County Health Center, a $29.8 million facility, will be built adjacent to the Blosser Municipal Airport. Construction of the new hospital will be paid for through a combination of philanthropic gifts and bond financing, repaid by revenue generated by the new hospital and through a 3/4-cent sales tax increase, which will go before Cloud County voters on Feb. 26.
"Every dollar we receive for the campaign will help us improve healthcare in Cloud County and reduces the amount needed to finance the cost of the project," Wahlmeier said.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Agriculture key to local growth - Mar. 10, 2014
- For the record 3-10-14 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Lange hired as new VP - Mar. 10, 2014
- Courthouse 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- For the record 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- City approves option to purchase lots - Mar. 6, 2014
- For the record 3-6-14 - Mar. 6, 2014
- Board receives requests for wind farm money - Mar. 4, 2014
- For the record 3-4-14 - Mar. 4, 2014