April sales tax down from 2012
Cloud County's sales tax and compensating use tax received in April 2013 was down from what was received the same time in 2012.
Sheryl Williams, county treasurer, reported at Monday's Cloud County Commission meeting that the amount received in 2013 was $50,113.12, compared to $52,769.78, the amount received in 2012.
In other business commissioner Gary Caspers reported he attended the KWROC Board of trustees meeting April 25 in Topeka and commissioner Johnita Crawford reported she attended the North Central Regional Planning meeting April 25 in Ellsworth and the Pawnee Mental Health Banquet April 22 in Clay Center.
In other matters, the board:
• Approved department payrolls totaling $129,542.82
• Reviewed department expense vouchers
• Approved a proclamation declaring the Month of May as Motorcycle Awareness Month
Justin Murdock, Solid Waste director said he will be attending the Financial Assurance workshop May 7 in Emporia
Commissioners may attend a landowner luncheon May 3 from 11:30-1:00 at the Meridian Way Farm.
Commissioners will attend the KCCA Annual Meeting May 7-9 in Wichita.
Adjournment was at 10 a.m.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- For the record 3-11-14 - Mar. 11, 2014
- Board hears innovative district update - Mar. 11, 2014
- Asch reports on road closing - Mar. 11, 2014
- Agriculture key to local growth - Mar. 10, 2014
- For the record 3-10-14 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Lange hired as new VP - Mar. 10, 2014
- Courthouse 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- For the record 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- City approves option to purchase lots - Mar. 6, 2014
- For the record 3-6-14 - Mar. 6, 2014
- Board receives requests for wind farm money - Mar. 4, 2014
- For the record 3-4-14 - Mar. 4, 2014