Blood drive has 76 respond to need
Seventy-six Cloud Countians responded to the critical need for blood when the Red Cross Bloodmobile had its drive June 19 at the First United Methodist Church fellowship hall in Concordia.
Giving the gift of life were 68 productive donors with the possibility of saving 204 lives.
Receiving their gold gallon pins for their continued participation in the blood drives were Carl Jochems, 13 gallons, 104 units; Betty Losh, 12 gallons, 96 units; Ina Motes, 11 gallons, 88 units; Glenda Clemons, 10 gallons, 80 units; Eldon Wisdom, 10 gallons, 80 units; Sister Anne Reinert, seven gallons, 56 units; Tom Tuggle, six gallons, 48 units; Mark Rhea, five gallons, 40 units; Sister Jean Befort, five gallons, 40 units; Louisa Dowling, five gallons, 40 units; Ben Barnett, four gallons, 32 units; Phyllis Kearns, three gallons, 24 units; Nicole Collins, two gallons, 16 units; Dawn Snyder, two gallons, 16 units; Ian Lewicki, one gallon, eight units; Susan Regan, one gallon, eight units.
EcoWater of Concordia furnished the water for all donors and volunteers.
Members of the First United Methodist Church setting up and taking down the equipment were Don Pearson, Marvin Petersen, Dan Gerber and Doyle Reed.
Members of the Cloud County Health Center Auxiliary who prepared and served the hot meal were Pam Campbell, Rita Collette, Vicki Roberts, Rita Sorell, Janet Istas, Ruth Bombardier and Charlene Lesperance and Tom Sharp.
Bloodmobile volunteers who assisted before and during the visit were Janice Strait, Janet Istas, Martha Fyfe, Betty Losh, Carol Jones, Rose Maginness, Alice Walker, Dorothy Torgler, Amanda Waterman, Patricia Richey and Josephine Wiesner.
A total of 204 volunteer hours were contributed to the drive for which the CCHC Auxiliary is sponsor. Next bloodmobile visit will be Thursday, Aug. 15, from noon-6 p.m. at the Kansas National Guard Armory, 2115 Blosser Drive, Concordia.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- For the record 12-11-13 - Dec. 11, 2013
- School superintendent retires, rehired - Dec. 10, 2013
- County board holds monthly meeting with department heads - Dec. 10, 2013
- For the record 12-9-13 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Courthouse 12-9-13 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Courthouse 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013
- For the record 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013
- City commission tables wage increase - Dec. 5, 2013
- Work continues on Cloud County Law Enforcement Center - Dec. 5, 2013
- Lowrey to retire - Dec. 5, 2013
- Cost of gravel will increase - Dec. 4, 2013
- Courthouse 12-4-13 - Dec. 4, 2013