Board accepts insurance bid
A bid from Conrade Insurance Group, Inc., Newton, for property insurance coverage was accpeted by the Unified School District 333 board of education during a special meeting Monday night.
The board had rejected bids from Conrade Insurance Group, Inc. and Peoples Insurance, Concordia, during its regular meeting on Oct. 9 because the bids did not have similar deductibles.
Conrade had offered a bid of $55,553 with a $5,000 deductible and Peoples had submitted a bid of $80,083 with a $1,000 deductible.
The district rebid the coverage with a $5,000 deductible.
“We wanted to make sure we were comparing apples to apples,” board president Rick Limon said Monday night.
Conrade Insurance Group, Inc. submitted a bid of $56,138.
Peoples Insurance submitted a bid of $55,269 for coverage with EMC Insurance Companies.
The board voted 5-0 to accept the bid from Conrade Insurance Group, Inc.
The proposal from Conrade Insurance Group, Inc. stated that some coverage limits in the proposal exceed the current limits of insurance in the current policy.
“Given the current environment we live in, we feel it is our responsibility to offer the increased limits to your school district, in lieu of the small premium saving that may be recognized,” the proposal stated.
“It looks to be like we are getting a considerable amount of coverage for negligible cost,” Limon said.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- For the record 12-11-13 - Dec. 11, 2013
- School superintendent retires, rehired - Dec. 10, 2013
- County board holds monthly meeting with department heads - Dec. 10, 2013
- For the record 12-9-13 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Courthouse 12-9-13 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Courthouse 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013
- For the record 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013
- City commission tables wage increase - Dec. 5, 2013
- Work continues on Cloud County Law Enforcement Center - Dec. 5, 2013
- Lowrey to retire - Dec. 5, 2013
- Cost of gravel will increase - Dec. 4, 2013
- Courthouse 12-4-13 - Dec. 4, 2013