Bowers seeking legislative interns
State Sen.-elect Elaine Bowers has announced she is seeking interns for the 2013 session of the Kansas Legislature. Internships will begin the week of Jan. 4, 2013, and end in April.
"The Legislative Intern Program is a unique opportunity for students to experience the legislative process firsthand," said Bowers. "I highly encourage interested students in the 36th District to apply."
Local residents, Laura Hanson of Concordia, Murl Reidel of Tipton and Jody McCready of Chapman have served as interns for Bowers during previous legislative sessions.
Eligible students must be credit seeking students in a Kansas high school, secondary or post-secondary education institution. All internships are unpaid. However, interns who drive to the Statehouse are eligible for mileage reimbursement up to $600.
For more information visit www.kslegislature.org and click on the "How do I become a Legislative Intern" in the bottom, lefthand corner of the page. Interested parties may also contact Sen.-elect Bowers at (785) 243-4256.
Bowers was elected to represent the 36th district in the Kansas Senate in November. She previously served six years in the Kansas House of Representatives. Bowers lives in rural Concordia with her husband Charlie.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Agriculture key to local growth - Mar. 10, 2014
- For the record 3-10-14 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Lange hired as new VP - Mar. 10, 2014
- Courthouse 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- For the record 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- City approves option to purchase lots - Mar. 6, 2014
- For the record 3-6-14 - Mar. 6, 2014
- Board receives requests for wind farm money - Mar. 4, 2014
- For the record 3-4-14 - Mar. 4, 2014
- For the record 3-3-14 - Mar. 3, 2014