Commission awards $80,000 to Clyde Beautification
Cloud County board of commissioners Monday presented a check for $80,000 to the Clyde Beautification Committee to be used for its downtown lighting project. Present to accept the check were Clyde
Beautification members LeAnn Brady, Wendy Genereux, Loretta Thompson, Brenda Koch and Dawn Seifert. The award was allocated from the 2012 Meridian Way funds.
In other business, the board approved terminating its contract with Rural Lakes and to send a letter notifying them Cloud County would be withdrawing its membership immediately.
Marlene Stamm discussed various items regarding the sanitarian position, presented drafts of the application forms she will be using and discussed the yearly contract for the sanitarian position.
Commissioners approved a classification change for Erin Garman in the JJA/Community Corrections Department from part-time to full-time with no change in wage. This position is funded by grant funds and fills an open position.
Justin Murdock, Solid Waste director, reported the drain has been replaced on the scale at the Transfer Station and that he will be meeting with Mitchell and Republic County commissioners to discuss the household hazardous waste program.
At the request of Sheriff Brian Marks, the board had a 10- minute executive session to discuss non-elected personnel. Included in the session were Amber Lindberg, jail administrator, and county clerk Linda Bogart.
Meetings during the past week reported on by commissioners included: Cloud County Resources Council, Sept. 18, KWORCC board of directors conference call on Sept. 20, and KNCK Coffeetime Sept. 21, Gary Caspers; CloudCorp meeting, Sept. 18 and Juvenile Detention meeting Sept. 19 in Marion, Johnita Crawford.
In other business the board
—reviewed department monthly expense vouchers.
—heard from highway administrator Andy Asch that it is time to spray for Sericca Lespedeza and musk thistles.
Adjournment was at 12:20 p.m.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS changing building name - Jun. 19, 2013
- courthouse 6-19-13 - Jun. 19, 2013
- For the record 6-19-13 - Jun. 19, 2013
- Petition to extend transfer station hours presented to board - Jun. 18, 2013
- For the record 6-18-13 - Jun. 18, 2013
- Design day scheduled for City Park project - Jun. 14, 2013
- Courthouse 6-14-13 - Jun. 14, 2013
- For the record 6-14-13 - Jun. 14, 2013
- Nominations sought for county committees - Jun. 14, 2013
- Champlin to participate in national competition - Jun. 14, 2013
- For the record 6-13-13 - Jun. 14, 2013
- Russell man injured in motorcycle crash - Jun. 14, 2013