Cost of food, supplies for jail has decreased
Sheriff Brian Marks and jail administrator Amber Lindberg reported to the Cloud County Board of Commissioners Monday that the cost of food and supplies for jail operations has decreased.
In 2009 an inmate count was approximately 430 per year at a cost of $54,530 per year; in 2010 an inmate count was approximately 575 at a cost of $40,014 per year; in 2011 with approximately 650 inmates per year cost was $32,514 per year; and in 2012, to date, cost for approximately 560 inmates is $23,536.
Because of the high number of inmates the jail is now housing and for safety and liability reasons, the Board approved hiring one additional full-time and one additional part-time corrections officer which will allow two officers to be on duty overnight and on weekends.
Commissioners approved a classification change for James Wilson from part-time corrections officer to full-time corrections officer, effective Oct. 8 at a rate of $13.12 per hour.
In other business the Board approved changing the Plan Year effective date for the County's Flexible Benefit Accounts from Dec. 1-Jan. 1.
Robert Walsh, County attorney and the Board placed a call to the Washington County Commissioners in regard to a letter received from Rural Lakes concerning Cloud and Washington counties' request for withdrawal from the Cooperative Agreement dated May 24, 2012 and the request from both counties that Rural Lakes provide them a list of unclosed permits.
At Walsh's request, he, the Board and County Clerk Linda Bogart went into a five-minute executive session to discuss non-elected personnel.
Adjournment was at 11:15 a.m.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Courthouse 6-14-13 - Jun. 14, 2013
- For the record 6-14-13 - Jun. 14, 2013
- Nominations sought for county committees - Jun. 14, 2013
- Champlin to participate in national competition - Jun. 14, 2013
- Design day scheduled for City Park project - Jun. 14, 2013
- For the record 6-13-13 - Jun. 14, 2013
- Russell man injured in motorcycle crash - Jun. 14, 2013
- USD 333 board discusses facilities issues - Jun. 11, 2013
- For the record 6-11-13 - Jun. 11, 2013
- Department heads meet with commission - Jun. 11, 2013
- Grauer's Hogwash BBQ is Grand Champion of - Jun. 10, 2013
- For the record 6-10-13 - Jun. 10, 2013