County board approves CloudCorp agreement
Cloud County board of commissioners Monday unanimously approved signing the 2014 professional services agreement for 2014 in the amount of $55,000 with CloudCorp. CloudCorp Executive Director Ashley McMillan, presented the agreement to the board.
In other business, Justin Murdock, Solid Waste director, presented a memorandum of understanding with the Osborne County E-Waste, which the board approved signing. Murdock reported that among all of the participating counties, they have collected 36.3 tons of e-waste in 2013.
Commissioners approved two classification changes, one for the highway department and one for the sheriff's department. Richard Bergstrom was moved from mechanic to heavy equipment operator, effective Dec. 23 to fill an open position at no change in salary. Austin Howard was moved from part-time corrections officer to full-time corrections officer, effective Dec. 23 to fill an open position at a rate of $13.12 per hour.
The board also approved the hire of Randy Sorell as part-time surveillance officer effective Jan. 2, 2014, at a rate of $15.80 per hour.
Marlene Stamm, county sanitarian, presented a quarterly update on the new permits issued, permits that have been finalized, and real estate inspections that she has done.
Stamm discussed the permits that had been issued through Rural Lakes Region. Commissioners approved May 1 as the deadline that all of the old Rural Lakes Permits need to be completed, or the permit-holder will have to apply for a new permit and pay a new permit fee.
In other business, commissioners:
• Approved department payrolls totaling $139,354.56
• Approved appointing J. Bradley Lowell to a four year term, as a non-lawyer member to the Judicial Nominating Commission, beginning March 3, 2014, to March 5, 2018
Adjournment was at 12:05.
Meetings attended by commissioners during the past week were: Juvenile Detention Center meeting in Topeka, Dec. 18 in Junction City, Johnita Crawford; KWORCC Board of Trustees meeting in Topeka, Gary Caspers; KNCK Coffee Time and AARP meeting, Dec. 20; owners' meeting, all commissioners.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Agriculture key to local growth - Mar. 10, 2014
- For the record 3-10-14 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Lange hired as new VP - Mar. 10, 2014
- Courthouse 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- For the record 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- City approves option to purchase lots - Mar. 6, 2014
- For the record 3-6-14 - Mar. 6, 2014
- Board receives requests for wind farm money - Mar. 4, 2014
- For the record 3-4-14 - Mar. 4, 2014
- For the record 3-3-14 - Mar. 3, 2014