County board approves employment agreements
Cloud County board of commissioners approved 2014 employment agreements with four department heads Monday.
These included: Andy Asch, highway administrator/weed director, base wage of $39,688.06 plus $13,300 additional for duties as Weed director; Justin Murdock, Solid Waste director, $17.15 per hour; Diana Gering, Health Department administrator, base wage of 33,735 plus an additional $10,000 for administrative duties; and Troy Shepard, maintenance manager, $14.10 per hour.
In other business the board approved payment of the following invoices on behalf of the Public Building Commission: Office Works, $926; Global Equipment Co., $2,706.70.
Murdock reported that in 2013, 7,524 tons of waste from the Transfer Station was shipped to Hamm Quarries and the Recycling Center shipped 408 tons of recyclables.
In other matters the board
•approved department payrolls totaling $134,844.25
•approved appointments to three-year terms on the Cloud County Fair Board for Katie Revell-Lehmann, Mike Kindel, Danny McReynolds and Greg Conway
•acknowledged the retirement of Gerald Lanoue, effective Dec 31, 2013.
Commissioner Gary Caspers reported he received a call from Paul Rimovsky thanking the County Road and Bridge Department for its help in removing concrete from the POW Camp.
The board recessed at 12:10 p.m. and resumed open session at 3 p.m. at the Law Enforcement Center for the owners' meeting.
Adjournment was at 4:15 p.m.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- For the record 3-11-14 - Mar. 11, 2014
- Board hears innovative district update - Mar. 11, 2014
- Asch reports on road closing - Mar. 11, 2014
- Agriculture key to local growth - Mar. 10, 2014
- For the record 3-10-14 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Lange hired as new VP - Mar. 10, 2014
- Courthouse 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- For the record 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- City approves option to purchase lots - Mar. 6, 2014
- For the record 3-6-14 - Mar. 6, 2014
- Board receives requests for wind farm money - Mar. 4, 2014
- For the record 3-4-14 - Mar. 4, 2014