County board approves letter of support
Cloud County board of commissioners Monday approved a letter of support for the efforts of the City of Concordia in applying for the Transportation Enhancement Grant to fund a trail system in the southern portion of the city.
At the suggestion of Andy Asch, highway administrator, commissioners also approved a change to the surfacing policy to include the county's cost of mining native gravel.
The board had two executive sessions to discuss non-elected personnel. The first session was for five minutes and included Sheriff Brian Marks and county attorney Robert Walsh.
The second was for 15 minutes and included county clerk Linda Bogart.
In other business the board
•discussed a camera system for the courthouse with Marks but took no action.
•approved the 2013 employment agreement with Troy Shepard as maintenance manager at a wage of $14.10 per hour.
Meetings attended by commissioners last week included: Pawnee Mental Health meeting, Jan. 22 in Clay Center and CloudCorp meeting, also Jan. 22, Johnita Crawford; Homeland Security meeting in Beloit, Jan. 22, Gary Caspers; County Government Day and the Kansas County Commissioner Association meeting Jan. 24 in Topeka, Gail Engle.
Adjournment was at noon.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- For the record 12-9-13 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Courthouse 12-9-13 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Courthouse 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013
- For the record 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013
- City commission tables wage increase - Dec. 5, 2013
- Work continues on Cloud County Law Enforcement Center - Dec. 5, 2013
- Lowrey to retire - Dec. 5, 2013
- Cost of gravel will increase - Dec. 4, 2013
- Courthouse 12-4-13 - Dec. 4, 2013
- For the record 12-2-13 - Dec. 2, 2013