County board approves wage, classification changes
Approving classification and wage changes for the highway department were among the major items of business when Cloud County board of commissioners met Monday.
Andy Asch, highway administrator, presented the following changes which the board agreed to: Brent Trost, from $12.22 to $13.44 per hour effective Aug. 26 for having completed his introductory period; Ronald Buckland, classification change from utility worker to heavy equipment operator, to fill an open position effective Aug. 26, from $12.66 to $13.44 per hour; Vincent Armstrong from truck driver to utility worker to fill an open position effective Aug. 26 from $12.22 to $12.66 per hour.
The board also approved a hiring authorization for Richard L. Bergstrom Jr., as truck driver to fill an open position, effective Sept. 3, at $12.22 per hour.
Asch reported he would be meeting with representatives from FEMA yesterday to view the damage caused by the recent storms.
In other matters the board
•reviewed department monthly expense vouchers
•visited with Sheriff Brian Marks and County Attorney Robert Walsh about the law enforcement project and various other items
•approved a proclamation on behalf of Pawnee Mental Health designating September as Recovery Month
Commissioner Johnita Crawford reported she attended the Juvenile Detention meeting Aug. 21 in Junction City.
Adjournment was at 11:20 a.m.
Commissioners will host the intergovernmental meeting on Wednesday, Aug. 28, at 6:30 p.m. at the Courthouse meeting room; participate on Coffeetime, Friday, Aug. 30; and attend the owners' meeting today, Aug. 27, at the jail site at 2:00 p.m.
The Courthouse and County offices will be closed Monday, Sept. 2, in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Courthouse 12-12-13 - Dec. 12, 2013
- For the record 12-11-13 - Dec. 11, 2013
- School superintendent retires, rehired - Dec. 10, 2013
- County board holds monthly meeting with department heads - Dec. 10, 2013
- For the record 12-9-13 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Courthouse 12-9-13 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Courthouse 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013
- For the record 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013
- City commission tables wage increase - Dec. 5, 2013
- Work continues on Cloud County Law Enforcement Center - Dec. 5, 2013
- Lowrey to retire - Dec. 5, 2013