Fire causes damage to house
A house at 106 Strain sustained extensive smoke damage after an electrical fire Thursday afternoon, but no one was injured.
Concordia Fire Chief Eric Voss said flames were showing in the back part of the house when firefighters arrived shortly after 2 p.m. He said firefighters found flames in the back bedroom of the house and in the laundry room area, but were able to extinguish them quickly.
There was extensive fire damage to the back part of the house, which is owned by Everett Mendenhall and occupied by Aaron Mendenhall, Ian Lewicki and Nick Howarth. The rest of the house sustained smoke damage, Voss said.
None of the occupants was injured, nor were several dogs who had been in the house.
"No one was hurt," Voss said. "They were really lucky one of them came home when he did and found it."
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.