Hasch to run for city commission
Christy Hasch filed for one of two open seats on the Concordia City Commission Friday morning.
Hasch joins incumbent Marsha Wentz as a candidate for a seat on the Commission. Wentz, who is finishing out her first three-year term on the Commission, filed Jan. 2. Her seat, and Gary Fraser's are both up for re-election. The filing deadline for the two seats, which are both three-year terms, is Tuesday, Jan. 22 at noon.
Hasch, is employed by USD 333 as a school psychologist for the Learning Cooperative of Northcentral Kansas, and has been a resident of Concordia for nearly 28 years. She received a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Nebraska in 1982 and a master's degree in clinical psychology from Fort Hays State University in 1985. She has been married to Les Hemphill for 24 years, and they have three daughters.
Hasch has served as president of the North Cloud Education Association, and was appointed to the Board of Trustees for the Frank Carlson Library, having served as secretary for several years. Presently, she is secretary for the Cloud County Health Center Board of Trustees. She has also assisted with a number of 4-H activities and projects.
"Concordia has been a wonderful place to live and raise our daughters," Hasch said. "We need to continue to provide services that meet citizens' needs while offering adequate protection. We also need to promote job creation so that our community can retain young families and attract new residents. Our greatest resource is our people."
The general election will be April 2. If more than six candidates file for the two positions, there will be a primary election on Feb. 26.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Courthouse 12-12-13 - Dec. 12, 2013
- For the record 12-11-13 - Dec. 11, 2013
- School superintendent retires, rehired - Dec. 10, 2013
- County board holds monthly meeting with department heads - Dec. 10, 2013
- For the record 12-9-13 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Courthouse 12-9-13 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Courthouse 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013
- For the record 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013
- City commission tables wage increase - Dec. 5, 2013
- Work continues on Cloud County Law Enforcement Center - Dec. 5, 2013
- Lowrey to retire - Dec. 5, 2013