Heavy rain causes flooding in area
Concordia received 5.37 inches of rain during last night’s storm.
The rain lasted from 10:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. and there was significant flooding in Cloud County and the area rivers.
“There were several basements flooded in town and also flooding at Alstom Power Air Preheater Company,” said city manager, Larry Uri.
As for the next few days, there is a thirty percent chance of thunderstorms tonight and a fifty percent chance for Saturday and Sunday.
The National Weather Service has reported that the Republican River is expected to crest at 13.5 feet which is below flood stage, so no further flooding is expected.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- For the record 3-11-14 - Mar. 11, 2014
- Board hears innovative district update - Mar. 11, 2014
- Asch reports on road closing - Mar. 11, 2014
- Agriculture key to local growth - Mar. 10, 2014
- For the record 3-10-14 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Lange hired as new VP - Mar. 10, 2014
- Courthouse 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- For the record 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- City approves option to purchase lots - Mar. 6, 2014
- For the record 3-6-14 - Mar. 6, 2014
- Board receives requests for wind farm money - Mar. 4, 2014
- For the record 3-4-14 - Mar. 4, 2014