Preventative measures help prevent freezing water lines
Concordia utility department has received several calls concerning frozen water lines.
Residents are reminded that taking preventative measures during extreme cold weather may help to prevent water lines from freezing or bursting.
These include letting a faucet drip, sealing cracks and holes near water lines in outside walls and foundations and opening cabinet doors under sinks where the water pipes are located.
A loose lid on a water meter pit or a meter pit in need of repair also can cause freezing.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- For the record 3-11-14 - Mar. 11, 2014
- Board hears innovative district update - Mar. 11, 2014
- Asch reports on road closing - Mar. 11, 2014
- Agriculture key to local growth - Mar. 10, 2014
- For the record 3-10-14 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Lange hired as new VP - Mar. 10, 2014
- Courthouse 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- For the record 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- City approves option to purchase lots - Mar. 6, 2014
- For the record 3-6-14 - Mar. 6, 2014