Protection order filed against police chief
By Jessica LeDuc
Blade staff writer
A protection from stalking order was filed in Cloud County District Court Wednesday against Concordia Police Chief Chris Edin.
Court documents state that Edin is prohibited from following, harassing or contacting the protected person. He is also not allowed to enter or come on or around the plaintiff's workplace or residence.
In the complaint, it is alleged that Edin sexually harassed an employee, offering promotions in exchange for sexual favors. The plaintiff also contends that Edin sent e-mails with inappropriate suggestions and comments.
Court documents state the protection from stalking order was needed because the plaintiff was fearful of Edin, who seemed possessive and believed the two had more than an employer/employee relationship.
Edin, who has served as Concordia's police chief since late 2009, was placed on paid administrative leave Thursday. A hearing for the matter has been scheduled for 9 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 25 in District Court.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- For the record 12-13-13 - Dec. 13, 2013
- Courthouse 12-12-13 - Dec. 12, 2013
- For the record 12-11-13 - Dec. 11, 2013
- School superintendent retires, rehired - Dec. 10, 2013
- County board holds monthly meeting with department heads - Dec. 10, 2013
- For the record 12-9-13 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Courthouse 12-9-13 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Courthouse 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013
- For the record 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013