Russell man injured in motorcycle crash
A Russell man was injured late Tuesday night when he tried to flee from police on his motorcycle. According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, Roger B. Schmidt, 46, Russell, was attempting to flee from a Concordia Police unit on a 2006 Harley Davidson motorcycle by traveling southbound out of Concordia, and then west on Noble Road. Schmidt then crossed Highway 9 onto a dirt road and crashed. The accident, which happened at approximately 10:30 Tuesday night, was three miles south and four miles west of Concordia. He was not wearing a helmet, and was transported by Concordia EMS to Cloud County Health Center for treatment of injuries. According to the Concordia Police Department, Schmidt was being pursued on a traffic violation, and charges are pending.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Agriculture key to local growth - Mar. 10, 2014
- For the record 3-10-14 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Lange hired as new VP - Mar. 10, 2014
- Courthouse 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- For the record 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- City approves option to purchase lots - Mar. 6, 2014
- For the record 3-6-14 - Mar. 6, 2014
- Board receives requests for wind farm money - Mar. 4, 2014
- For the record 3-4-14 - Mar. 4, 2014
- For the record 3-3-14 - Mar. 3, 2014