Students participate in Body Venture
Learning healthy lifestyles is the primary focus of Body Venture, a traveling exhibit that visits elementary schools throughout Kansas. Today more than 477 children from Concordia Elementary School had a firsthand look at how to make healthy choices and remain healthy throughout their lives.
"Body Venture is a wonderful way for students to have fun learning about health, nutrition and physical activity," said Jayme Peterson, USD #333 school nurse.
Body Venture, developed by Child Nutrition and Wellness, Kansas State Department of Education, featured an eleven-stop tour of the body from brain to mouth, stomach, small intestine, heart, lungs, bones, muscles and skin.
"What's great is that kids are actively involved in learning about nutrition and making healthy lifestyle choices," said Peterson. "We appreciate the support of our school volunteers and community organization who assisted with the exhibit and made Body Venture possible," she said.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Courthouse 5-24-13 - May. 24, 2013
- For the record 5-24-13 - May. 24, 2013
- CCCC hosts intergovernmental meeting - May. 23, 2013
- Alstom Power celebrates being accident free for 1000 days - May. 23, 2013
- CONCORDIA COMMUNITY PARK PROJECT LANDS ITS BIGGEST DONATION YET - May. 22, 2013
- Courthouse 5-22-13 - May. 22, 2013
- Memorial wall will honor Cloud County veterans killed at war - May. 21, 2013
- Commission approves paying invoices - May. 21, 2013
- For the record 5-20-13 - May. 21, 2013