T-Birds get upset win over Hutch
The Cloud County Community College volleyball team turned in an inspired performance and upset Hutchinson Communtiy College in straight sets in Arley Bryant Gymnasium last night.
The win evened the T-Birds Conference record at 5-5 and 9-12 overall and dropped the Blue Dragons to 8-2 in Conference and 15-7 overall and knocked them out of a first place tie in the Jayhawk Western division.
Cloud County dominated early taking an 11-2 lead in game one and then hanging on for the 25-22 win.
The T-Birds held their early momentum and won game two 25-22 and game three 25-19.
Hilta Pereira led the T-Birds with 16 kills, Erin Terrell added 15 kills.
Emily Brown had 13 digs and Kylie Penning 10 digs for Cloud County.
Penning also led the team with 34 assists.
Cloud County riding a modest two game Conference win streak will be back in action on Wednesday as they face Dodge City at home.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Courthouse 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013
- For the record 12-6-13 - Dec. 6, 2013
- City commission tables wage increase - Dec. 5, 2013
- Work continues on Cloud County Law Enforcement Center - Dec. 5, 2013
- Lowrey to retire - Dec. 5, 2013
- Cost of gravel will increase - Dec. 4, 2013
- Courthouse 12-4-13 - Dec. 4, 2013
- For the record 12-2-13 - Dec. 2, 2013