T-Birds get upset win over Hutch
The Cloud County Community College volleyball team turned in an inspired performance and upset Hutchinson Communtiy College in straight sets in Arley Bryant Gymnasium last night.
The win evened the T-Birds Conference record at 5-5 and 9-12 overall and dropped the Blue Dragons to 8-2 in Conference and 15-7 overall and knocked them out of a first place tie in the Jayhawk Western division.
Cloud County dominated early taking an 11-2 lead in game one and then hanging on for the 25-22 win.
The T-Birds held their early momentum and won game two 25-22 and game three 25-19.
Hilta Pereira led the T-Birds with 16 kills, Erin Terrell added 15 kills.
Emily Brown had 13 digs and Kylie Penning 10 digs for Cloud County.
Penning also led the team with 34 assists.
Cloud County riding a modest two game Conference win streak will be back in action on Wednesday as they face Dodge City at home.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Agriculture key to local growth - Mar. 10, 2014
- For the record 3-10-14 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Lange hired as new VP - Mar. 10, 2014
- Courthouse 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- For the record 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- City approves option to purchase lots - Mar. 6, 2014
- For the record 3-6-14 - Mar. 6, 2014
- Board receives requests for wind farm money - Mar. 4, 2014
- For the record 3-4-14 - Mar. 4, 2014
- For the record 3-3-14 - Mar. 3, 2014