Williams resigns as county treasurer
The Central Committee of the Cloud County Democrats accepted the resignation of Sheryl Williams as Cloud County treasurer at its Feb. 18 meeting.
"Sheryl wishes to retire and feels she wants do so in the near future," Central committee president Sue Sutton said.
Williams' last day as Cloud County treasurer will be March 31. She was first elected to the office in 2008 after being employed in the treasurer's office since 1990.
Williams said she wants to thank the voters for electing her to this office for two terms. "I have truly enjoyed being Cloud County treasurer and serving Cloud County taxpayers and motor vehicle owners."
At the same meeting Cloud County Democrats approved the appointment of JoDee A. LeDuc to be the new Cloud County treasurer to fulfill the remainder of Williams' term. The appointment is being sent to the Governor for his approval. The Governor has seven days to approve the appointment after receipt of the proper documentation.
LeDuc has been the deputy vehicle clerk for three years and has worked in the office for nine years.
"I am looking forward to serving as Cloud County treasurer and pledge to maintain the level of service Cloud County residents have come to expect from the treasurer's office," LeDuc said.
LeDuc and her husband Dan live in Clyde. They have two children, Adam and Amber.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- For the record 3-11-14 - Mar. 11, 2014
- Board hears innovative district update - Mar. 11, 2014
- Asch reports on road closing - Mar. 11, 2014
- Agriculture key to local growth - Mar. 10, 2014
- For the record 3-10-14 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Lange hired as new VP - Mar. 10, 2014
- Courthouse 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- For the record 3-7-14 - Mar. 7, 2014
- City approves option to purchase lots - Mar. 6, 2014
- For the record 3-6-14 - Mar. 6, 2014