Pauline Swearingen, 98 years of age, of Jamestown, passed away Tuesday, March 5, 2013. She was born on Nov. 24, 1914, in Dougherty, Okla., to Grover and Josephine "Joe" (Stevens) Cape. Pauline married Ralph Swearingen at Fort Smith, Ark., on Sept. 13, 1944. She was a housewife most all of her life and a member of the Jamestown United Methodist Church.
Pauline is survived by a daughter, Nancy Jo Wilcox and husband Ron of Jamestown; son, Robert Swearingen of Lawton, Okla.; six grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; brother, Slover Cape and wife Louise of Ruidoso, N.M.; and several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband Ralph in 1986; son, Bill Frank Hill; and seven siblings.
Graveside services will be held at 2 p.m., Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the Jamestown Cemetery in Jamestown with Pastor Randy Whitley officiating. There will be no visitation. Memorials are suggested to Solomon Valley Hospice in care of the funeral home. Condolences may be left online at www.chaputbuoy.com. Chaput-Buoy Funeral Home in Concordia is in charge of arrangements.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- DONALD E. HAMEL - Mar. 7, 2014
- PHYLLIS A. WINTER - Mar. 6, 2014
- ROY G. SANDERS - Mar. 3, 2014
- MYRON M. REED - Mar. 3, 2014
- HENRY PAUL STRNAD - Mar. 3, 2014
- WILLIAM M. "BILL" RINEHART JR. - Mar. 3, 2014
- ROY G. SANDERS - Feb. 28, 2014
- KAMILLE GRACE GUNTER - Feb. 28, 2014
- BILLIE V. EVERHART - Feb. 28, 2014