Letter to the Editor 4-18-14
Questions that need answers?
1. Why should we sign up for the Special Civility Pledge?
2. Isn't the “Bill of Rights” still acceptable?
3. Aren't the Ten Commandments still taught?
4. What happened to the Golden Rule? Isn't it still good enough?
5. Didn't we start Cursive Writing in the 3rd or 4th Grade?
They served me well all these 95+ years.
We will survive . . . Not long ago, an article appeared in the Christian Science Monitor discussing American families who have provided plural presidents in America's history. Google was not a bit helpful, and age has not done one good thing for my memory.... [More]
(Reprinted from December 2000) A surgeon, an engineer and a politician were debating which of their professions was the oldest. “Eve was made from Adam's rib,” said the surgeon, “and that, of course, is a surgical procedure.” “Yes,”... [More]
Concordia neighborhoods will observe National Night Out Tuesday, Aug. 4 in a number of ways. Potlucks, ice cream socials and other kinds of parties are planned to mark the occasion. Nine neighborhoods have officially registered to be a part of what's called "America's... [More]
Police Dept. Report Accident–Officers investigated an Accident at 12:50 p.m., July 30, which had occurred in the 1000 block of Lincoln involving a vehicle driven by Carey Casper, Wells, and property owned by Dairy Queen. Arrest––Officers arrested Heath Parsons,... [More]
District Court LIMITED CIVIL Settled: Nex-Tech Wireless, LLC received a judgment of $1,104.46 plus interest and costs from Brenda Marcotte, Concordia. Nex-Tech received a judgment of $3,379.44 plus interest and costs from K'Lynn Barr, Concordia. Mike Strong Inc. dba Mike's Payday... [More]
LUCAS – In what turned out to be a pitchers' duel, Beloit Blues downed Citizens National Bank 2-0 in the K-18 State Championship game here last night. Beloit scored the only two runs of the game in the third inning. Billy Bechard pitched all seven innings for Citizens,... [More]
LUCAS — Citizens National Bank advanced to the championship game of the 64th Annual K-18 Baseball State Tournament by slipping past Hoisington 10-8 in the semifinals on Sunday night. The fourth seed out of the East Regional, Citizens National Bank downed Phillipsburg 13-1... [More]
- Blues split twinbill with Clay Center
- Chevrolet-Buick tops Legion, 6-3
- Subway holds on to beat American Legion
- 16th Street Car Wash tops Lions in title game, 13-8
- CNB sweeps Republic County
- Citizens knocks off Clifton-Clyde twice
- Concordia Blues pick up pair of wins over Linn
- 16th Street , Legion post wins