16th Street Car Wash wins city championship
Scoring three runs in the top of the sixth inning, 16th Street Car Wash defeated Concordia Chevrolet/Buick 7-4 in the championship game of the Peewee Baseball City League Tournament Friday night at the Concordia Sports Complex.
The game was tied at 4-4 through five innings.
Ivon Owen led off the top of the sixth with a single.
Rustyn Kindel doubled and Oakley Champlin singled. All three would score in the inning to give 16th Street Car Wash a 7-4 advantage.
Shelby Giersch also had a single in the inning. Nick Vignery and Carson Bellows walked.
Trailing by three runs, Chevrolet/Buick got singles by Tryston Jochems and Austin Krier in the bottom of the sixth, but was unable to put any runs on the board.
In the third-place game, the Lions got past the Knights of Columbus, 7-5.
Chevrolet/Buick put up three runs in the first inning and one in the second to get out to a 4-0 lead on 16th Street Car Wash.
16th Street Car Wash battled back to tie the game, and force extra innings..
Champlin, Owen and Kindel pitched for 16th Street Car Wash.
Paul Rundus and Jochems did the pitching for Chevrolet/Buick.
Owen had two hits and scored three runs for 16th Street Car Wash.
Kindel had three hits and scored two runs.
Champlin had two hits.
Wyatt Trost had two hits and scored two runs for Chevrolet/Buick.
Jochems had three hits and Rundus had two hits.
Knights of Columbus 5
The Lions erased a 2-1 deficit with five runs in the third inning, and went on to defeat the Knights of Columbus.
The game was tied 1-1 through one inning.
A run in the second inning gave the Knights of Columbus a 2-1 lead.
The Lions scored four runs in the top of the fourth inning to go up 5-2.
The Knights of Columbus responded with three runs in the bottom of the inning to tie it at 5-5.
Two runs in the top of the fourth put the Lions up 7-5.
Chase Parker was the winning pitcher for the Lions.
Nathan Lawrence and Jacob Williams pitched for the Knights of Columbus.
Beau Bonebrake had three hits and scored two runs for the Lions.
Alex Bonebrake had two hits and Vaughn Stull scored two runs.
Eli Steffen scored two runs for the Knights of Columbus.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Bulldogs handle CHS wrestlers - Dec. 20, 2013
- Panthers roll Wamego, 39-19 - Dec. 20, 2013
- Panthers romp past Bulldogs in league matchup - Dec. 18, 2013
- Panthers lose to Bulldogs - Dec. 18, 2013
- Bulldogs outscore Panthers, 68-63 - Dec. 18, 2013
- CHS JV wins, 56-52 - Dec. 18, 2013
- Panthers fall in semifinal - Dec. 17, 2013
- Panthers lose in first round of NCKL tournament - Dec. 17, 2013
- Panthers pull away from Vikings, 69-41 - Dec. 16, 2013
- Unbeaten Panthers hold off Vikings - Dec. 16, 2013
- CHS goes 4-3 in Eagle Invitational - Dec. 16, 2013
- Panther JV tumbles - Dec. 16, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers place fourth in league - Dec. 16, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place in top four - Dec. 16, 2013