Abilene deals Panthers first loss
Abilene dealt the Concordia eighth grade football team its first defeat of the season, 26-12 Thursday night at Harold M. Clark Stadium.
Each team scored a touchdown in the first quarter.
Rope Dorman put Concordia on the board with a 7-yard run.
The Panthers would go scoreless in the second and third quarters.
Abilene took a 12-6 lead with a touchdown in the third period.
Concordia, now 4-1, got a 79-yard touchdown run by Matthew Davenport in the fourth quarter.
Abilene tacked on two touchdowns and a two-point conversion in the final period.
Davenport had 84 yards rushing on three carries.
Dorman carried 12 times for 39 yards.
Concordia will close out its season at Clay Center next Thursday.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Hutch - Mar. 12, 2014
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014