Beaumont tosses no-hitter
Brent Beaumont threw a no-hitter to lead Citizens National Bank to a 10-0 victory over Linn in the second game of a K-18 Baseball doubleheader Friday night at the Concordia Sports Complex.
Beaumont struck out four and walked one in four innings.
Citizens National Bank won the first game of the twinbill 16-0 in three innings.
Cole Larsen and Tyler Stupka gave up just one hit in game one.
Citizens National Bank took a 3-0 lead on Linn in the bottom of the first inning in the second game.
Scoring a run in the second inning, Citizens National Bank led 4-0.
Sending 10 batters to the plate, Citizens National Bank added six runs in the bottom of the fourth, and ended the game because of the 10-run rule.
Matthew James had three hits and scored two runs for Citizens National Bank.
Isaac Meyer had two hits and scored two runs. Kyle Bliss had two hits and Billy Bechard scored two runs.
In game two, Citizens National Bank took a 3-0 lead in the first inning.
Citizens National Bank then erupted for 13 runs in the bottom of the second inning.
Bliss had two hits and scored two runs in the inning.
The game ended after the top of the third inning.
Larsen pitched the first two innings. He gave up one hit, struck out five and walked one.
Stupka worked a scoreless third inning. He struck out one and walked one.
James and Bliss had two hits and scored two runs each.
Beaumont drove in three runs.
Meyer scored three runs.
Bechard, Stupka and Rope Dorman scored two runs each.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014