Blues pound out pair of wins over Clifton
Outscoring Clifton 27-4, the Concordia Blues cruised to a pair of American Legion Baseball wins Wednesday night at the Concordia Sports Complex.
Concordia broke a 4-4 tie with eight runs in the fifth inning to post a 12-4 win in the first game.
Braden Johnson tossed a one-hitter as the Blues shut out Clifton 15-0 in the second game.
The Blues, now 12-0, got out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning in game one.
Bowe Behymer walked with one out and Nathan Gieber singled.
Jordan Mehl drove in a run with a single.
A base hit by Chanse Copple got Gieber home.
Mehl scored on a wild pitch.
Behymer tripled and scored on a sacrifice by Gieber in the third inning.
Clifton put up four runs in the third inning, and the game was tied at 4-4.
Concordia scored eight runs in the fifth inning to make it 12-4.
Behymer reached base on an error to start the inning.
Gieber doubled in a run and Mehl singled.
Copple knocked in two runs with a triple.
Connor Eilert was hit by a pitch and Ryan Perkins walked.
With two out, Behymer singled home two runs and Gieber followed with a run- producing single.
The game ended after five innings.
Perkins got the win for the Blues. He gave up four runs on five hits, struck out two and walked two.
Gieber had three hits in three at bats, drove in three runs and scored two.
Behymer had two hits, drove in two runs and scored four.
Copple had two hits and knocked in three runs.
Mehl had two hits and scored two runs.
In the second game, Johnson allowed just a first inning single to Lucas Branfort. He struck out three and walked two in four innings.
Concordia put up six runs in the first inning.
Gilbert led off with a double and Behymer singled. Each scored on wild pitches.
Mehl and Gieber drew walks and Trey Dubbert doubled in two runs.
Dubbert also scored on a wild pitch.
Mehl doubled and scored on a single by Gieber in the second inning to give the Blues a 7-0 lead.
Sending 12 batters to the plate, Concordia scored eight runs in the third inning.
Vince Woodcox got things started with a double, and Trevor Nordell walked.
Gilbert drove in two runs with a single.
Mehl reached base on an error. Gieber followed with a two-run single.
Picking up his second hit in the inning, Woodcox singled in a pair of runs.
Gilbert had two hits, drove in two runs and scored two in the game.
Gieber had two hits, drove in three runs and scored two.
Woodcox was 2-for-2 at the plate with two runs batted in.
Dubbert knocked in two runs and scored two.
Mehl scored three runs.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Late surge pushes Panthers past Buffs - Dec. 11, 2013
- Panthers win second straight - Dec. 11, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers split - Dec. 11, 2013
- Republic County down Panther JV - Dec. 11, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 11, 2013
- Eighth grade falls to Marysville - Dec. 10, 2013
- Marysville handles seventh grade girls - Dec. 10, 2013
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013