Blues win two from Marysville
The Concordia Blues defeated Marysville twice in an American Legion Baseball doubleheader Sunday at the Concordia Sports Complex.
Concordia won the first game 6-2, and completed the sweep with a 7-4 victory in the second game.
In the first game, Marysville grabbed a 1-0 lead in the top of the first inning.
The Blues put up three runs in the second inning, and would not trail again.
Trevor Nordell led off with a walk, Nathan Gieber singled and Trey Dubbert walked. All three would come around to score.
Marysville made it 3-2 with a run in the top of the fourth inning.
Connor Eilert walked and scored a run in the bottom of the fourth to give the Blues a 4-2 cushion.
Concordia added two runs in the sixth inning.
Bowe Behymer and Jordan Mehl each singled and scored.
Gieber pitched all seven innings to get the win. He gave up two runs on five hits, struck out four and walked six.
Behymer had three hits for the Blues. Mehl and Gieber had two hits each.
The second game was scoreless heading into the bottom of the third inning.
Mehl led off with a walk, and Tanner Gilbert reached base on an error.
Behymer drew a walk and Gieber drove in two runs with a single.
Dubbert singled with two out to knock in two more runs and give Concordia a 4-0 lead.
Concordia loaded the bases in the fourth inning when Ryan Perkins and Mehl singled and Behymer walked.
Gieber drew a walk to drive in a run and make it 5-0.
Marysville scored one run in the top of the fifth inning.
Perkins doubled and scored a run in the bottom of the fifth, and the Blues led 6-1.
Three runs in the top of the sixth inning pulled Marysville within two runs, 6-4.
Gieber tripled to lead off the bottom of the sixth inning, and scored on a single by Will Strommen.
Mehl got the win for Concordia. He gave up four runs on three hits, struck out six and walked three.
Gieber had two hits, drove in three runs and scored two.
Perkins had two hits and scored two runs.
Mehl had two hits.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eighth grade falls to Marysville - Dec. 10, 2013
- Marysville handles seventh grade girls - Dec. 10, 2013
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013