CCCC advances to semifinals
The Cloud County Community College men’s soccer team advanced to the semifinals of the Region 6 Tournament by shutting out Dodge City Community College 2-0 in a match it hosted on Sunday afternoon.
Cloud County (11-8) will take on Barton County Community College at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Hummer Sports Park in Topeka.
Barton County (11-4-1) downed Neosho County 2-1 in the opening round.
Cloud County lost 2-0 earlier in the season to Barton County.
In the other first-round games, Coffeyville blanked Northwest Kansas Technical College 2-0 and Johnson County defeated Allen, 4-1.
Coffeyville (15-4) plays Johnson County (12-6) in the semifinals at 4 p.m., Thursday.
The championship match is scheduled for noon on Friday.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014