CCCC beats Garden City, 7-1
GARDEN CITY — Georgia Walters scored six goals to lead the Cloud County Community College women’s soccer team to a 7-1 victory over Garden City Community College on Saturday.
Walters, a sophomore from Swindon, United Kingdom, knocked in one goal in the first half and five in the second as Cloud County picked up its first Jayhawk Conference win of the season.
The Thunderbirds are now 2-2 overall and 1-2 in the Conference.
Garden City falls to 0-5.
Cloud County and Garden City were tied at 1-1 at halftime, with Walters scoring the lone goal for the T-Birds.
Walters tacked on five goals in the second half, and Lisa Marie Schulz, a freshman from Legden, Germany, added a goal as Cloud County outscored the Broncbusters 6-0 to pull away for the win.
“We had the wind at our backs and Georgia can really strike the ball,” Cloud County coach Derek Talcott said of the big second half.
Cloud County plays a Conference match at Allen County on Tuesday.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014