CCCC downs Barton County in five sets
Cloud County evened its Jayhawk Conference Western Division record at 3-3 by getting past Barton County in five sets Wednesday night in Bryant Gymnasium.
The Thunderbirds, now 6-10 overall, won the first set of the match, 25-20.
Barton County picked up a 25-13 win in the second set.
Cloud County went up 2-1 with a 25-22 victory in the third set.
A 25-20 win in the fourth set pulled Barton County even at 2-2.
The T-Birds took the fifth and deciding set, 15-11.
Hilta Pereira had a team high 14 kills for Cloud County.
Erin Terrell finished with 10 kills.
Josie Hale had nine kils, and Brianna Blackwell had six.
Emily Brown had 15 digs for the T-Birds.
Helena Lukovic had eight digs.
Kylie Penning had 42 assists.
Cloud County plays at Hutchinson on Saturday.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014