CCCC gets conference road win
GARDEN CITY –Stretched to five sets, the Cloud County Community College volleyball team downed Garden City Community College in a Jayhawk Conference Western Division match on Saturday. Cloud County dropped the first set in the match, 26-24.The Thunderbirds, now 8-12 overall and 4-5 in Conference play, won the second set, 26-24. Garden City took a 2-1 lead by winning the third set, 25-15. Cloud County pulled even with a 25-17 victory in the fourth set. The T-Birds then won the fifth and deciding set, 16-14. Erin Terrell had 19 kills and four digs for Cloud County in the win. Josie Hale added 10 kills. Hilta Pereira had nine kills. Emily Brown finished with 17 digs. Kylie Penning had 37 assists and 10 digs.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014