CCCC has four qualify for nationals
LINCOLN, Neb. — The Cloud County Community College men's and women's track and field teams had four individuals qualify for the NJCAA Indoor Championships while competing in the Holiday Inn Invitational, hosted by the University of Nebraska, on Friday and Saturday.
Taylor Swanson broke the Cloud County school record in the women's pole vault by clearing 12-3. She placed third, and qualified for the national meet.
Tess Merrill, Nebraska, won the pole vault by clearing 12-9 1/2.
Tameca Wallace finished sixth in the women's unseeded long jump for Cloud County with a leap of 17-6.
Anna Linton earned a trip to nationals by throwing 43-10 in the shot put. She finished 10th.
Benard Keter ran 8:34.43 to finish 10th in the men's 3,000-meter run and qualify for nationals.
Shilo Goracke qualified for the national meet by turning in a time of 1:24.17 in the 600-meter run. He finished 11th.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014