CCCC men end regular season with win
PRATT — Cloud County capped off its regular season by clipping Pratt Community College 2-1 in a Jayhawk Conference men’s soccer match on Wednesday.
The Thunderbirds finished up 10-8 overall and 7-3 in Conference play. They will host a first-round game in the Region 6 playoffs on Nov. 3.
Cloud County and Pratt were scoreless through the first half.
Pratt, 4-10 overall and 3-7 in the Conference, scored in the first minute of the second half to go up 1-0.
A goal by Kerbson Lubin pulled Cloud County even at 1-1 in the 54th minute.
Cloud County went on top to stay, 2-1, when Matthew Colquhoune scored in the 64th minute.
“We had plenty of chances, we just couldn’t score,” Cloud County coach Derek Talcott said.
Cloud County 1
The Cloud County women suffered a 2-1 defeat in overtime to Pratt.
Cloud County’s Chanelle O’Dwyer broke a scoreless time with a goal off a free kick in the 49th minute of the match.
Pratt pulled even at 1-1 with a goal in the 65th minute.
The match was tied at the end of regulation.
Pratt scored about five minutes into the overtime, and held on for the 2-1 win.
Cloud County, 3-12 overall and 0-12 in the Conference, plays at Butler County in the regular season finale on Sunday.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014
- Panthers win in overtime over Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Panthers stun Cowgirls - Feb. 28, 2014
- JV boys lose to Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Abilene downs JV girls - Feb. 28, 2014