CCCC men win five events
ARKANSAS CITY — The Cloud County Community College men’s track and field team recorded five first-place finishes in the Cowley Tiger Invitational on Saturday.
Sanjer Pantry won the 3,000-meter steeplechase for the Thunderbirds in 10:20.93.
Denroy Ottey ran 49.13 to capture first place in the 400. Josh Charles was fourth (49.65).
Ottey also finished fifth in the 200 (22.23).
George Gathuru won the 5,000 with a time of 15:09.46 which qualified him for the NJCAA National Outdoor Championships.
Isaac Miller threw a personal best of 180-0 to win the javelin and qualify for nationals. Dwight Davidson was third (168-10) and Dakota Weber was sixth (123-0).
Cloud County’s 4x400 relay team of Ottey, Charles, Denray Ottey and Shilo Goracke placed first in 3:16.60.
Goracke placed second in the 800 (1:57.35). Pantry was seventh (15:59.59).
Ronnin Oquin finished second in the 400 hurdles (55.52).
Cloud County’s 4x100 relay team of Charles, Denroy Ottey, David Hall and Wayne Northover placed second (41.78) and qualified for nationals.
The Cloud County B-team of Oquin, Jovan Inyard, Cody Allen and Robert Radway placed fifth (44.07).
Weber finished third in the discus (158-0) and qualified for nationals. He was also third in the hammer throw (151-4) and seventh in the shot put (47-1/4).
Miller was fourth in the hammer (150-7).
Hall placed fourth in the high jump (6-2).
Fred Lageroy took seventh in the long jump (19-9 1/2).
Derick Nordell was eighth in the 110 hurdles (18.07).
The Cloud County women notched three first-place finishes in the meet.
Chioma Agwunobi won the 400 in 57.59 for the T-Birds.
LeRia Jenrette won the discus with a toss of 134-0. She was also third in the javelin (109-4) and the shot put (39-3 1/4).
Anna Linton finished second in the shot put (40-11) and Kendra Zabokrtsky was fourth in the javelin (104-5).
Tameca Wallace won the triple jump for the T-Birds with a leap of 37-4. She was second in the long jump (17-11 1/2).
Brenda Barnett placed second in the 400 hurdles (1:06.23).
Cloud County’s 4x400 relay team of Agwunobi, Barnett, Wallace and Roxanne Tyrell finished second (4:00.63).
Alani Dodd was fourth in the 100 hurdles (17.45).
Tyrell finished fifth in the 800 (2:26.71).
Kaitlyn Orr was seventh in the 5,000 (22:18.05) and eighth in the 1,500 (6:43.49).
Kendra Alcorn placed seventh in the 1,500 (5:59.63).
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eighth grade falls to Marysville - Dec. 10, 2013
- Marysville handles seventh grade girls - Dec. 10, 2013
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013