CCCC opens with four losses to Odessa
ODESSA, Texas — Handing Cloud County two losses on Sunday, the Odessa College Wranglers completed a four-game sweep of the Thunderbirds.
Odessa defeated Cloud County 5-3 and 5-2 in the twinbill on Sunday.
Cloud County, opening its season on the road, fell 10-0 and 10-6 to the Wranglers on Saturday.
The T-Birds and the Wranglers were tied at 1-1 heading into the bottom of the fourth inning in game one on Sunday.
Odessa put up four runs to take a 5-1 lead.
Cloud County pushed across two runs in the top of the seventh inning to close the gap to 5-3, and left the bases loaded in the inning.
Emilio Foden pitched six innings in taking the loss for Cloud County. He gave up five runs, three earned on seven hits and walked one.
Jesse Rall had two hits for the T-Birds.
In the second game, Cloud County led 2-1 through two innings.
Odessa put up four runs in the bottom of the third inning, and led 5-2.
The Wranglers shut out the T-Birds over the final five innings.
Rall worked six innings in suffering the loss. He allowed five runs, four earned, on nine hits, struck out two and didn't walk any. He also had two hits.
Odessa's Christian Marquez shut Cloud County out on one hit in the 10-0 win in game one on Saturday.
The Wranglers scored two runs in the first inning, two in the second, five in the third and one in the fifth.
Kasey Biddle gave up nine runs on nine hits, struck out one and walked three in three innings in taking the loss.
Drake Collins pitched an inning and a third and allowed one run on one hit, struck out one and walked three.
The second game was tied at 1-1 after one inning of play.
Cloud County scored two runs in the second inning and one in the third to grab a 4-1 advantage.
Four runs in the fourth inning gave Odessa a 5-4 lead.
Each team scored a run in the fifth inning, and the Wranglers led 6-5.
Oliver Hodges walked and scored on a sacrifice fly by Jared Zerr in the top of the sixth inning to pull Cloud County even at 6-6.
Odessa loaded the bases with one out in the bottom of the seventh inning.
German Morales blasted a grand slam home run to give the Wranglers the 10-6 win.
Adam Bennett took the loss. He pitched an inning and a third and gave up four runs on two hits and walked two.
Matthew Forsythe went five innings and allowed six runs on seven hits, struck out one and walked three.
Cal Zagurski had three hits and drove in two runs for the T-Birds.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014