CCCC runner places fourth in NJCAA championships
INA, Ill. — Cloud County Community College freshman George Gathura earned first team All-America honors by placing fourth in the NJCAA Division I cross country championships on Saturday.
Gathura, Nairobi, Kenya, turned in a time of 25:47.50 in the meet hosted by Rend Lake Community College.
Cloud County finished 28th as a team with 731 points.
Central Arizona College won the meet with 51 points. Spartanburg Methodist was second with 104 and Paradise Valley was third with 138.
The Cloud County women placed 32nd with 829 points.
Iowa Central Community College captured the team title with 40 points. Central Arizona was second with 145 and South Plains was third with 156.
The Cloud County men had Jimmy Phitts Rodriguez finish 165th in 29:22.80.
Sanjay Pantry ran 30:20.30 to place 224th for the T-Birds.
Desi Thomas finished 225th in 30:26.60.
Zach Earhart was 269th in 32:45.80 and Phillip Alcorn was 284th in 36:29.40. Stenley Kebenei, Iowa Central, was the men’s individual champion with a time of 25:02.60.
The Cloud County women were led by sophomore Vanessa Resh. She was 116th with a time of 21:04.70.
Kaitlyn Orr ran 21:50.90 to place 176th.
Roxanne Tyrell crossed in 196th place in 22:07.60.
Page Reed, a freshman from Concordia, finished 224th in 22:48.60.
Alani Dodd was 257th in 23:35.40 and Kendra Alcorn was 288th in 25:50.10.
Darroneshia Lott, South Plains, won the race with a time of 17:48.40.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers split - Nov. 27, 2013
- Abilene downs seventh grade - Nov. 27, 2013