CCCC volleyball finishes 1-3 at HIghland Invitational
HIGHLAND — The Cloud County Community College volleyball team defeated Allen County in four sets to pick up their lone win in the Highland Invitational tournament here over the weekend.
The T-Birds lost their opening match on Friday to Longview Community College 23-25, 25-14, 25-16, 23-25 and 11-25.
Erin Terrell led Cloud County with 19 kills in the match, Hilta Pereira had 14 kills and Kaylee Bontrager had 11.
Emily Brown had 19 digs and Kylie Penning had 48 assists.
The T-Birds also fell 17-25, 22-25, 25-23 and 19-25 to host Highland on Friday night.
Terrell once again led the way with 13 kills, Josie Hale added 11 and Bontrager had ten.
Brown had 13 digs and Penning had 39 assists.
Cloud County started Saturday right with a 25-16, 25-17, 20-25 and 25-23 win over Allen County.
Terrell and Bontrager each had 13 kills and Pereira added 11 kills.
Brown had 15 digs and Penning had 38 assists.
The T-Birds fell 16-25, 19-25 and 19-25 to Kansas City Kansas in their final match.
Hale scored seven kills and Terrell six in the match.
Penning had 21 assists.
The T-Birds will travel to Pratt on Wednesday September 11.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014