CCCC wins eighth straight
Cloud County reeled off its eighth straight win by beating Kansas City Kansas Community College 3-1 in a home men’s soccer match on Friday.
The third-ranked Thunderbirds, now 11-1, have not lost since a 2-0 setback to San Jacinto.
Cloud County grabbed an early lead on KCK on a goal by Gerdson Lubin.
KCK scored to tie the match at 1-1 in the first half.
“Poor positioning from my midfielders,” Cloud County coach Steve Ralos said, “They capitalized on the mistake.”
Lubin scored again 10 minutes into the second half to put the T-Birds on top to stay, 2-1.
Reece Chaudry scored about 10 minutes later to make it 3-1.
“We should have put more opportunities in the back of the net. We just had a bad day at the office,” Ralos said.
The T-Birds travel to Miami, Okla. to play Northeastern Oklahoma A&M on Tuesday.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Co-op defeats American Legion, 13-9 - Jun. 19, 2013
- Family Health Mart wins, 9-6 - Jun. 18, 2013
- Swim team competes at York - Jun. 18, 2013
- F&A Food Sales sweeps CNB - Jun. 17, 2013
- American Legion clips Lions - Jun. 17, 2013
- Blues win all four in Hebron tournament - Jun. 17, 2013
- Funk Pharmacy beats Co-op - Jun. 14, 2013
- 16th Street Car Wash wins, 7-2 - Jun. 14, 2013
- Hurricanes host to swim meet - Jun. 14, 2013
- CNB splits with Bandits - Jun. 14, 2013