CCCC women lose to Butler
EL DORADO — Playing shorthanded, the Cloud County Community College women’s soccer team suffered a 12-0 loss to sixth-ranked Butler County on Sunday.
Cloud County had just 10 players available for the match.
“Numbers have been the issue,” Cloud County coach Derek Talcott said.
The Thunderbirds finished the season 3-13 overall and 0-13 in the Jayhawk Conference.
Butler locked up its third consecutive Jayhawk Conference championship with the win, and is 17-2 overall and 12-0 in the Conference.
Morgan Foster scored nine of the Grizzlies’ 12 goals in the match.
Foster knocked in four of those goals in the first 17 minutes.
Brittney Lawrence scored two goals in less than two minutes for Butler.
Foster tacked on two more goals, and Kelly Sutton scored to give the Grizzlies a 9-0 halftime lead.
Foster scored all three goals for Butler in the second half.
Cloud County did not have a shot on goal in the match. Butler had 25.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014
- Panthers win in overtime over Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Panthers stun Cowgirls - Feb. 28, 2014
- JV boys lose to Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Abilene downs JV girls - Feb. 28, 2014