CCCC’s Keter wins three events at Region 6 meet
LAWRENCE — Led by triple winner Benard Keter, the Cloud County Community College men’s and women’s track and field teams posted first-place finishes in seven events in the Region 6 Indoor Championships at Anschutz Pavilion.
A freshman from Eldoret, Kenya, Keter won the mile, 3,000-meter run and 5,000-meter run.
Keter ran 4:23.10 to capture first in the mile. He won the 3,000 in 8:54.23 and the 5,000 in 15:36.98.
Damar Robinson, a freshman from St. Catherine, Jamaica, won two events for the Cloud County men.
Robinson cleared 6-10 3/4 to take first in the high jump and had a winning leap of 49-8 1/2 in the triple jump.
The Cloud County men finished fifth in the meet with 64 points.
Colby Community College captured the team title with 160 points. Coffeyville was second with 117 and Allen County was third with 94.5.
The Cloud County women also placed fifth with 63 points.
Johnson County Community College claimed the women’s title with 163 points. Coffeyville was second with 115.5 and Barton County was third with 94.
Dakota Webber placed in two events for Cloud County.
Webber was fourth in the shot put with a toss of 49-10 and fifth in the weight throw with a best f 48-10.
Shilo Goracke finished fourth in the 600-meter run for the Thunderbirds in 1:22.12.
The Cloud County women had two individual champions.
Taylor Swanson, a sophomore from Salina, cleared 12-9 1/2 to win the pole vault for the T-Birds.
Tameca Wallace, a sophomore from Manchester, Jamaica, placed first in the triple jump with a leap of 39-10 1/2. She also went 16-10 to finish seventh in the long jump.
Anna Linton threw 41-11 1/2 to finish third in the shot put for Cloud County.
Brianna Blackwell finished third in the 600-meter run in 1:45.44. Holley Davida was eighth in 1:47.74.
Cloud County’s 4x400 relay team of Blackwell, Davida, Jane Ohnata and Brenda Barnett placed third in 4:06.09.
Katie Lambert, a freshman from Concordia placed in three events for the T-Birds. She was fourth in the 800 in 2:28.06, fifth in the mile and eighth in the 1,000 in 3:22.60.
Barnett placed fifth in the 400 in 1:00.28.
Raven Davis was eighth in the 60-meter dash in 7.84.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014