CCCC’s Swanson breaks own school record
LUBBOCK, Texas — Cloud County Community College freshman Taylor Swanson bettered her own school record while recording a second-place finish in the pole vault at the Texas Tech Masked Rider Open indoor track and field meet.
Swanson cleared 12-7 ½. It was the third consecutive meet in which she has established a new school record.
Cloud County's Benard Keter turned in a time of 8:24.68 to place second in the 3,000-meter run.
Keter finished seventh in the 1,000-meter run in 2:34.25.
Damar Robinson cleared 6-11 to place second in the high jump for Cloud County.
Tameca Wallace picked up a sixth-place finish in the women's triple jump with a best of 37-8 ¾.
Cloud County's 4x400 relay team of Brenda Barnett, Brianna Blackwell, Jane Ohanta and Davida Holley turned in a time of 4:03.86, and qualified for the NJCAA Indoor Championships.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014