CHS cross country seventh at Wamego
WAMEGO — Competing against some of the top teams in Class 4A, the Concordia High School girls placed seventh in the Wamego Invitational cross country meet Saturday at Wamego Country Club.
Concordia scored 177 points in the meet.
DeSoto won the meet with 57 points. Topeka Hayden was second with 78 and Baldwin was third with 79.
The Concordia boys finished 15th in the meet with 436 points.
Baldwin claimed the boys’ team title with 45 points. DeSoto was second with 86 and Wamego was third with 139.
Courtney Monzon paced the Panther girls by finishing 15th with a time of 16:58.64 on the course that will host the 4A state meet.
Maggie Lambert ran 18:10.72 to place 43rd for Concordia.
Hunter Mendenhall crossed in 47th place in 18:20.76.
Olivia Leif finished 51st with a time of 18:31.90.
Mallory Thompson rounded out the top five for the Panthers by placing 53rd in 18:34.75.
Concordia had Tori Reed finish 58th in 18:51.00 and Katie Thompson place 75th in 19:45.85.
Mary Kate Franklin, Topeka Hayden, won the race in 15:56.61.
The Concordia boys were led by Isaac Sprague, who finished 42nd with a time of 18:58.80.
Cody Schmitz ran 20:31.34 to place 86th.
Devin Kymer was 94th in 20:45.01.
Marcel Rimrodt finished 98th in 20:55.26.
Connor Reynolds placed 122nd in 22:16.51, and Ben Strommen was 128th in 24:54.83.
Jacob Klemz, Topeka Hayden, ran 17:02.40 to win the race.
Baldwin 45, DeSoto 86, Wamego 139, Mulvane 160, Ulysses 161, El Dorado 161, Andale 176, Hugoton 179, Clay Center 212, Rose Hill 246, Eudora 278, Topeka Hayden 326, Abilene 340, Chapman 388, Concordia 436, Clearwater 438, Rock Creek 46, Jeff West 484, Colby 494.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Klemz, Topeka Hayden, 17:02.40; 2. Murillo, DeSoto, 17:06.06; 3. Hartzell, Baldwin, 17:11.65; 4. Helm, Baldwin, 17:12.16; 5. Spotts, Mulvane, 17:12.88; 6. Pierce, Baldwin, 17:26.43; 7. Taulbee, DeSoto 17:29.07; 8. Weber, Rose HIll, 17:35.53; 9. Castro, Hugoton, 17:36.22; 10. Siebold, Clay Center, 17:42.80.
DeSoto 57, Topeka Hayden 78, Baldwin 79, Clay Center 134, Wamego 149, Eudora 154, Concordia 177, Anderson County 220, Ulysses 220, Andale 225, Colby 252, Abilene 311.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Franklin, Topeka Hayden, 15:56.61; 2. Seufert, Wamego, 16:17.00; 3. Branscum, Ulysses, 16:18.63; 4. Wolfe, DeSoto, 16:19.65; 5. Burgweger, DeSoto, 16:27.09; 6. Howland, El Dorado, 16:31.94; 7. Dick, Baldwin, 16:35.63; 8. Terrell, Rose HIll, 16:44.75; 9. Doyle, Colby, 16:54.65; 10. Browne, DeSoto, 16:56.41.
DES MOINES, Iowa — Gymnasts representing the Concordia Gymnastics Center competed in the 2014 Junior Olympics. Katie Thompson, Concordia, captured first place in the all-around in the Level 7, 18-year-old division. She was first on the bars, first in the floor exercise,... [More]
WATHENA – The Concordia Blues advanced to the semifinals of the Class AA State American Legion baseball tournament with a 9-6 win over Larned here last night. The Blues are one of just two unbeaten teams remaining in the double elimination tournament. Fort Scott, also unbeaten... [More]
- T-Birds go 3-1 in Southeast tournament
- Blues suffer consecutive losses in state tournament
- Blues win in first round of state tournament
- Blues rally to complete sweep of Plainville
- Concordia Lions beat Knights of Columbus
- Concordia Swim Team competes in Clay Center
- Cloud County Co-op tops American Legion
- Concordia Swim Team hosts meet
Cloud County board of commissioners Monday approved a new solid waste hauling contract for 2015 with PJ Owen of Owen Trucking. The vote followed a discussion with Owen and Solid Waste director Mike Hake. Because of increased costs, the contract price for 2015 will... [More]
District Court CRIMINAL Jace A. Moore appeared Aug. 25 and was found Guilty and convicted of No Registration and No Liability Insurance. For the no registration violation, he was sentenced to six months in the Cloud County Jail and ordered to pay costs of the action, $108, and... [More]
Police Dept. Report Arrests—Officers responded to the 2200 block of Campus Drive at 6:20 p.m., Aug. 25, and upon investigation arrested Henrique Farias de Lima Rosa, 22, of Brazil for Criminal Damage to Property and Discharge of a BB Gun within city limits. He was cited... [More]
Dear Editor, Another Relay for Life has come and gone. It was in hopes that the time change this year was going to be a good thing, but with the weather conditions turning from lightning and then rain it was an evening that was cut short. The Relay Committee... [More]
Changing with the times . . . Recently, a filler piece in a newspaper told how the clothing people wear to church has changed with the times and customs, and not for the better according to the writer.... I remember there was a certain ritual from the time we gathered... [More]