CHS cross country seventh at Wamego
WAMEGO — Competing against some of the top teams in Class 4A, the Concordia High School girls placed seventh in the Wamego Invitational cross country meet Saturday at Wamego Country Club.
Concordia scored 177 points in the meet.
DeSoto won the meet with 57 points. Topeka Hayden was second with 78 and Baldwin was third with 79.
The Concordia boys finished 15th in the meet with 436 points.
Baldwin claimed the boys’ team title with 45 points. DeSoto was second with 86 and Wamego was third with 139.
Courtney Monzon paced the Panther girls by finishing 15th with a time of 16:58.64 on the course that will host the 4A state meet.
Maggie Lambert ran 18:10.72 to place 43rd for Concordia.
Hunter Mendenhall crossed in 47th place in 18:20.76.
Olivia Leif finished 51st with a time of 18:31.90.
Mallory Thompson rounded out the top five for the Panthers by placing 53rd in 18:34.75.
Concordia had Tori Reed finish 58th in 18:51.00 and Katie Thompson place 75th in 19:45.85.
Mary Kate Franklin, Topeka Hayden, won the race in 15:56.61.
The Concordia boys were led by Isaac Sprague, who finished 42nd with a time of 18:58.80.
Cody Schmitz ran 20:31.34 to place 86th.
Devin Kymer was 94th in 20:45.01.
Marcel Rimrodt finished 98th in 20:55.26.
Connor Reynolds placed 122nd in 22:16.51, and Ben Strommen was 128th in 24:54.83.
Jacob Klemz, Topeka Hayden, ran 17:02.40 to win the race.
Baldwin 45, DeSoto 86, Wamego 139, Mulvane 160, Ulysses 161, El Dorado 161, Andale 176, Hugoton 179, Clay Center 212, Rose Hill 246, Eudora 278, Topeka Hayden 326, Abilene 340, Chapman 388, Concordia 436, Clearwater 438, Rock Creek 46, Jeff West 484, Colby 494.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Klemz, Topeka Hayden, 17:02.40; 2. Murillo, DeSoto, 17:06.06; 3. Hartzell, Baldwin, 17:11.65; 4. Helm, Baldwin, 17:12.16; 5. Spotts, Mulvane, 17:12.88; 6. Pierce, Baldwin, 17:26.43; 7. Taulbee, DeSoto 17:29.07; 8. Weber, Rose HIll, 17:35.53; 9. Castro, Hugoton, 17:36.22; 10. Siebold, Clay Center, 17:42.80.
DeSoto 57, Topeka Hayden 78, Baldwin 79, Clay Center 134, Wamego 149, Eudora 154, Concordia 177, Anderson County 220, Ulysses 220, Andale 225, Colby 252, Abilene 311.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Franklin, Topeka Hayden, 15:56.61; 2. Seufert, Wamego, 16:17.00; 3. Branscum, Ulysses, 16:18.63; 4. Wolfe, DeSoto, 16:19.65; 5. Burgweger, DeSoto, 16:27.09; 6. Howland, El Dorado, 16:31.94; 7. Dick, Baldwin, 16:35.63; 8. Terrell, Rose HIll, 16:44.75; 9. Doyle, Colby, 16:54.65; 10. Browne, DeSoto, 16:56.41.
OSBORNE — Avenging its only loss of the season, Citizens National Bank thumped Washington County 9-1 in the championship game of the K-18 Baseball East Regional on Saturday night. Washington County had beaten Citizens National Bank in the title game of the league tournament... [More]
Four junior golfers from Concordia recorded first-place finishes in the league competition. Two tournaments were played in Concordia, and one in Clay Center. The low scores were counted. Brennen Acree, Concordia, placed first in the high school boys' division... [More]
- Blues rally to complete sweep of Plainville
- Concordia Lions beat Knights of Columbus
- Concordia Swim Team competes in Clay Center
- Cloud County Co-op tops American Legion
- Concordia Swim Team hosts meet
- CCCC has three claim national titles
- CHS first in JV league tournament
- CHS golfers place at Marysville
District Court CRIMINAL: Jason Charles Ryals appeared July 21 and was found Guilty and convicted of Driving While License Suspended. He was sentenced to 30 days in the Cloud County Jail and ordered to pay a fine of $100, a BIDS Administrative fee of $100 and the costs of this... [More]
Sales tax and compensating use tax received in Cloud County in June (May sales) of this year was up from the amount received in 2013. JoDee LeDuc, Cloud County treasurer, reported at Monday's county commission meeting that the amount received in June was $61,764.02, compared... [More]
Police Dept. Report Accident—Officers investigated a two vehicle Accident at 11:10 a.m., July 18, in the 400 block of West 10th St. involving vehicles driven by James Kearns, Belleville, and Carl Jackson, Concordia. Damage to property—Savannah A. Brockelman,... [More]
National Night Out: Your chance to share stories, meet your neighbors By Patrick Sieben It's that time of year once again. The lightning bugs are flitting about, the humidity is doing its thing to curl even the straightest hair and once again our community will be celebrating... [More]