CHS cross country seventh at Wamego
WAMEGO — Competing against some of the top teams in Class 4A, the Concordia High School girls placed seventh in the Wamego Invitational cross country meet Saturday at Wamego Country Club.
Concordia scored 177 points in the meet.
DeSoto won the meet with 57 points. Topeka Hayden was second with 78 and Baldwin was third with 79.
The Concordia boys finished 15th in the meet with 436 points.
Baldwin claimed the boys’ team title with 45 points. DeSoto was second with 86 and Wamego was third with 139.
Courtney Monzon paced the Panther girls by finishing 15th with a time of 16:58.64 on the course that will host the 4A state meet.
Maggie Lambert ran 18:10.72 to place 43rd for Concordia.
Hunter Mendenhall crossed in 47th place in 18:20.76.
Olivia Leif finished 51st with a time of 18:31.90.
Mallory Thompson rounded out the top five for the Panthers by placing 53rd in 18:34.75.
Concordia had Tori Reed finish 58th in 18:51.00 and Katie Thompson place 75th in 19:45.85.
Mary Kate Franklin, Topeka Hayden, won the race in 15:56.61.
The Concordia boys were led by Isaac Sprague, who finished 42nd with a time of 18:58.80.
Cody Schmitz ran 20:31.34 to place 86th.
Devin Kymer was 94th in 20:45.01.
Marcel Rimrodt finished 98th in 20:55.26.
Connor Reynolds placed 122nd in 22:16.51, and Ben Strommen was 128th in 24:54.83.
Jacob Klemz, Topeka Hayden, ran 17:02.40 to win the race.
Baldwin 45, DeSoto 86, Wamego 139, Mulvane 160, Ulysses 161, El Dorado 161, Andale 176, Hugoton 179, Clay Center 212, Rose Hill 246, Eudora 278, Topeka Hayden 326, Abilene 340, Chapman 388, Concordia 436, Clearwater 438, Rock Creek 46, Jeff West 484, Colby 494.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Klemz, Topeka Hayden, 17:02.40; 2. Murillo, DeSoto, 17:06.06; 3. Hartzell, Baldwin, 17:11.65; 4. Helm, Baldwin, 17:12.16; 5. Spotts, Mulvane, 17:12.88; 6. Pierce, Baldwin, 17:26.43; 7. Taulbee, DeSoto 17:29.07; 8. Weber, Rose HIll, 17:35.53; 9. Castro, Hugoton, 17:36.22; 10. Siebold, Clay Center, 17:42.80.
DeSoto 57, Topeka Hayden 78, Baldwin 79, Clay Center 134, Wamego 149, Eudora 154, Concordia 177, Anderson County 220, Ulysses 220, Andale 225, Colby 252, Abilene 311.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Franklin, Topeka Hayden, 15:56.61; 2. Seufert, Wamego, 16:17.00; 3. Branscum, Ulysses, 16:18.63; 4. Wolfe, DeSoto, 16:19.65; 5. Burgweger, DeSoto, 16:27.09; 6. Howland, El Dorado, 16:31.94; 7. Dick, Baldwin, 16:35.63; 8. Terrell, Rose HIll, 16:44.75; 9. Doyle, Colby, 16:54.65; 10. Browne, DeSoto, 16:56.41.
SALINA – Kylie Trobee scored three runs and drove in four in the Cloud County Community College softball team's 18-0 win over Brown Mackie here yesterday. The win completed a doubleheader sweep; the T-Birds won game one 13-0. Cloud County got started early in the finale... [More]
ABILENE – The Concordia High School golf team led by Grant Holmes finished third in the Abilene Invitational on Tuesday. The Panthers finished with a team score of 336 and finished behind Wamego (322) and Abilene (327). Holmes shot 81 and finished in sixth place. Marcus... [More]
- Rimrodt wins Abilene tournament
- CJHS track team compete in Beloit
- Swanson, Wallace record first-place finishes
- Panthers split doubleheader with Sacred Heart
- CHS softball gets first win of season
- JV softball gets one win
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first
- Wrestling club has six place in state tournament
Police Dept. Report Damage to property—Darci J. Elliott, Concordia, reported Damage to Property at 7:35 a.m., April 22. Damage occurred sometime in the last 48 hours in the 400 block of West 16th St. Fire Dept./EMS Report At 9:12 p.m., Tuesday, Medic-5 responded to the... [More]
By Sharon Coy Blade Staff Writer When Susan Sutton, Cloud County Community College Dean of Humanities, was a student at CCCC a seed for her love of the theatre was planted. Although she had never taken part in plays in high school and her only drama experience had... [More]
Whereas, Cloud County Community College, The Brown Grand Theatre, the National Orphan Train Complex and many other organizations and causes have benefited immeasurably from the dedication and skill of Susan Sutton; and Whereas, Susan Sutton has for 39 years enlivened the... [More]
Dear Editor, Questions that need answers? 1. Why should we sign up for the Special Civility Pledge? 2. Isn't the “Bill of Rights” still acceptable? 3. Aren't the Ten Commandments still taught? 4. What happened to the... [More]