CHS cross country seventh at Wamego
WAMEGO — Competing against some of the top teams in Class 4A, the Concordia High School girls placed seventh in the Wamego Invitational cross country meet Saturday at Wamego Country Club.
Concordia scored 177 points in the meet.
DeSoto won the meet with 57 points. Topeka Hayden was second with 78 and Baldwin was third with 79.
The Concordia boys finished 15th in the meet with 436 points.
Baldwin claimed the boys’ team title with 45 points. DeSoto was second with 86 and Wamego was third with 139.
Courtney Monzon paced the Panther girls by finishing 15th with a time of 16:58.64 on the course that will host the 4A state meet.
Maggie Lambert ran 18:10.72 to place 43rd for Concordia.
Hunter Mendenhall crossed in 47th place in 18:20.76.
Olivia Leif finished 51st with a time of 18:31.90.
Mallory Thompson rounded out the top five for the Panthers by placing 53rd in 18:34.75.
Concordia had Tori Reed finish 58th in 18:51.00 and Katie Thompson place 75th in 19:45.85.
Mary Kate Franklin, Topeka Hayden, won the race in 15:56.61.
The Concordia boys were led by Isaac Sprague, who finished 42nd with a time of 18:58.80.
Cody Schmitz ran 20:31.34 to place 86th.
Devin Kymer was 94th in 20:45.01.
Marcel Rimrodt finished 98th in 20:55.26.
Connor Reynolds placed 122nd in 22:16.51, and Ben Strommen was 128th in 24:54.83.
Jacob Klemz, Topeka Hayden, ran 17:02.40 to win the race.
Baldwin 45, DeSoto 86, Wamego 139, Mulvane 160, Ulysses 161, El Dorado 161, Andale 176, Hugoton 179, Clay Center 212, Rose Hill 246, Eudora 278, Topeka Hayden 326, Abilene 340, Chapman 388, Concordia 436, Clearwater 438, Rock Creek 46, Jeff West 484, Colby 494.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Klemz, Topeka Hayden, 17:02.40; 2. Murillo, DeSoto, 17:06.06; 3. Hartzell, Baldwin, 17:11.65; 4. Helm, Baldwin, 17:12.16; 5. Spotts, Mulvane, 17:12.88; 6. Pierce, Baldwin, 17:26.43; 7. Taulbee, DeSoto 17:29.07; 8. Weber, Rose HIll, 17:35.53; 9. Castro, Hugoton, 17:36.22; 10. Siebold, Clay Center, 17:42.80.
DeSoto 57, Topeka Hayden 78, Baldwin 79, Clay Center 134, Wamego 149, Eudora 154, Concordia 177, Anderson County 220, Ulysses 220, Andale 225, Colby 252, Abilene 311.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Franklin, Topeka Hayden, 15:56.61; 2. Seufert, Wamego, 16:17.00; 3. Branscum, Ulysses, 16:18.63; 4. Wolfe, DeSoto, 16:19.65; 5. Burgweger, DeSoto, 16:27.09; 6. Howland, El Dorado, 16:31.94; 7. Dick, Baldwin, 16:35.63; 8. Terrell, Rose HIll, 16:44.75; 9. Doyle, Colby, 16:54.65; 10. Browne, DeSoto, 16:56.41.
Last week, Cloud County Community College lost one of a kind with the death of its first head basketball coach Larry Forsythe. Forsythe coached the Thunderbirds from 1966 through 1975, compiling a record of 167 wins and 99 losses. His teams never finished lower... [More]
GARDEN CITY — The Cloud County Community College volleyball team opened the Jayhawk Conference Western Division season with a 3-1 loss to Garden City Community College. Garden City rolled to a 25-15 victory in the first set of the match. Cloud County, now 3-2 overall, evened... [More]
- T-Birds go 3-1 in Southeast tournament
- Blues suffer consecutive losses in state tournament
- Blues win in first round of state tournament
- Blues rally to complete sweep of Plainville
- Concordia Lions beat Knights of Columbus
- Concordia Swim Team competes in Clay Center
- Cloud County Co-op tops American Legion
- Concordia Swim Team hosts meet
Officers arrested a 27-year-old Concordia man Thursday evening, charging him with attempted second degree murder. According to Cloud County Attorney Rob Walsh, Jesus Reyes was arrested after an investigation into life-threatening injuries sustained by a 16-month-old... [More]
District Court CRIMINAL Joseph Leroy Tholstrup appeared Aug. 28 and was found Guilty and Convicted of Disorderly Conduct. He was sentenced to 30 days in the Cloud County Jail, ordered to pay costs of the action, $158, attorney fees of $100 and a fine of $200 by Sept. 3.... [More]
Fire Dept./EMS Report At 6:28 p.m., Thursday, Medic-2 went to Cloud County Health Center for a long distance transfer of an 18-month-old to Salina Regional Health Center. At 1:42 a.m., Friday, Medic-5 went to the 1800 block of Broadway and transported a 53-year-old male to Cloud... [More]
Talking about THINGS . . . Jo Reed, the Salina Journal Jo Reed, recently wrote thoughts related to those uppermost in my mind for lo, these many years. If we were acquainted, I would try to persuade her to come stay all day, so we could interrupt each other... [More]
Dear Editor, Another Relay for Life has come and gone. It was in hopes that the time change this year was going to be a good thing, but with the weather conditions turning from lightning and then rain it was an evening that was cut short. The Relay Committee... [More]