CHS cross country teams place third
WAMEGO — Courtney Monzon turned in a repeat performance, but the Concordia High School girls were unable to defend their North Central Kansas League cross country championship.
Monzon, a junior, won a second straight individual League title with a time of 16:13.08 Thursday at Wamego Country Club. She finished second in the League meet as a freshman.
Concordia senior Katie Lambert ran 16:35.34 to finish just two spots behind Monzon in third place.
The Panthers, who claimed the team title last year, scored 53 points and finished third.
Wamego won the meet with 33 points. Clay Center was second with 50.
The Concordia boys also placed third as a team with 96 points.
Wamego, with all seven runners finishing in the top 10, easily won the meet with 21 points. Clay Center was second with 49.
Katie Thompson finished 12th for the Conordia girls with a time of 18:08.77.
Olivia Leif ran 18:53.76 to place 18th for the Panthers.
Kirstyn Dvorak crossed in 23rd place in 20:12.63.
The Concordia boys were led by senior Garet Koester who placed sixth with a time of 17:46.95.
Isaac Sprague ran 18:22.53 to finish 12th for the Panthers.
Bailey Kymer was 24th for Concordia in 20:01.48.
Daniel Longfellow finished 26th in 20:04.02.
Micah Fabarez rounded out the top five by placing 28th in 20:14.57.
Umberto Ragni placed 30th in 20:21.26.
Austin Sturdy, Clay Center, took first in the boys’ race with a time of 16:40.65.
He was followed by four Wamego runners, Jordan Routh, 17:22.31; Bradley Borger, 17:24.49; Trenton Butler, 17:33.32; and Colton Butler, 17:35.14.
Wamego also had Brent Patton place seventh, 17:51.26; Jacob Routh place eighth, 17:54.97; and Jacob Davis place 10th, 18:08.98.
In the boys’ junior varsity race, Concordia’s Connor Reynolds finished 18th in 1:53.39.
Ben Strommen placed 23rd in 22:22.17.
Concordia’s Jackelin Garcia finished 11th in the junior varsity girls’ race in 25:30.13.
Devin Kymer ran 12:51.67 to place fourth for Concordia in the eighth grade boys’ race.
Paul Frost finished 14th in 15:18.17.
Concordia had Mallory Thompson finish fourth in the eighth grade girls’ race with a time of 14:32.75.
Lydia Knapp placed 10th in 16:44.92, and Jissel Garcia was 14th in 19:24.17.
Concordia was third as a team with 25 points.
Kyler Caspers placed sixth for the Panthers in the seventh grade boys’ race in 6:31.18.
The Cocnordia seventh grade girls finished second as a team with 14 points.
Nicole Timme led the Panthers by placing second in 6:24.60.
Brittney Kennedy was fifth in 6:36.77.
Britney Gilkeson finished ninth in 6:57.66, and Briana Kennedy was 11th in 7:16.92.
Concordia will compete in the Class 4A regional meet hosted by Buhler at Prairie Ridge Golf Course on Oct. 20.
Wamego 21, Clay Center 49, Concordia 96, Abilene 117, Chapman 122, Marysville 140.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Sturdy, Clay Center, 16:40.65; 2. Jo. Routh, Wamego, 17:22.31; 3. Borger, Wamego, 17:24.49; 4. T. Butler, Wamego, 17:33.32; 5. C. Butler, Wamego, 17:46.95; 6. Koester, Concordia, 17:46.95; 7. Patton, Wamego, 17:51.26; 8. Ja. Routh, Wamego, 17:54.97; 9. Fox, Clay Center, 17:58.32; 10. Davis, Wamego, 18:08.98.
Wamego 33, Clay Center 50, Concordia 53, Abilene 88.
Top 10 Indivduals
1. Monzon, Concordia, 16:13.08; 2. Seufert, Wamego, 16:22.16; 3. Lambert, Concordia, 16:35.34; 4. Petty, Wamego, 16:37.31; 5. Phillips, Wamego, 16:48.30; 6. Kipfer, Clay Center, 17:05.56; 7. Alstrom, Marysville, 17:21.73; 8. Desrosiers, Clay Center, 17:22.87; 9. Hagedorn, Abilene, 17:23.69; 10. Pederson, Clay Center, 17:28.67.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Panthers reach state tournament for second straight year - May. 16, 2013
- Panthers advance to regional title game - May. 14, 2013
- Fabarez qualifies for 4A state golf tournament - May. 14, 2013
- Tigers end CHS softball season - May. 14, 2013
- CHS grad picks up third win for WSU - May. 13, 2013
- CHS girls finish second at NCKL meet - May. 13, 2013
- Panthers get fifth straight NCKL title - May. 13, 2013
- CCCC track gets three seconds - May. 13, 2013