CHS goes 4-3 in Eagle Invitational
COLBY — Concordia posted a 4-3 record in the Eagle Invitational dual wrestling tournament hosted by Colby High School on Friday and Saturday.
The Panthers opened the tournament with a 48-28 win over Burlington, Colo.
Chaparral, Colo. defeated Concordia 65-18 in the second round of Pool A.
Concordia was beaten 66-9 by Colby.
The Panthers got past Legend, Colo., 42-35.
Liberal then downed Concordia 55-17 in the final round of Pool A.
The Panthers pulled out a 37-36 victory over Oberlin.
Concordia then beat Wray, Colo. 42-36.
"This was a great experience for many of our wrestlers, helping them see some great competition from western Kansas and eastern Colorado," Concordia coach Kevin Brown said, "These young men continue to impress me with their resolve as they always battled no matter the outcome."
Cameron Miller went 7-0 in the 126-pound class for Concordia.
Kyle Marks, 220 pounds, posted a 6-1 record for the Panthers.
Gage Canfield was 5-2 in the 132-pound class.
Cole Larsen, 113 pounds, and Zak Romo, 285 pounds, were each 4-3.
Brenton Edwards, 106 pounds; Tracer Workman, 138 pounds; and Izaiah Grogan, 182 pounds, were 3-4.
Jared Knapp, 152 pounds, and Baley Kindel, 170 pounds, finished up 2-5.
Logan Higbee was 1-6 in the 160-pound class.
Pine Creek, Neb. won the tournament. Chaparral finished second and Valley Center was third.
Concordia hosts Marysville in a North Central Kansas League dual on Thursday.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014