CHS golf team places second at own invitational
Concordia had four players pick up individual medals on its way to placing second as a team in its invitational golf tournament Tuesday at the Concordia American Legion Golf Course.
Stormie Hittle finished fifth individually for the Panthers. Janae Champlin was seventh. Autaum Poley placed eighth and Kayla Dvorak was 11th.
Concordia finished with a team score of 433.
Russell shot 430 to claim the team title. Clay Center was third with a 437.
“I thought we played fine for our first tournament out,” Concordia coach Emmet Rudolph said, “We need to be able to play a solid 18 holes of golf.”
Hittle carded nines of 48-50 to finish with a 98.
“I thought it was good that Stormie broke 100. That was one of the goals she had,” Rudolph said.
Champlin turned in rounds of 53-55 to shoot 108.
Poley shot 110 with rounds of 57-53.
Dvorak rounded out the top four for Concordia with a 58-59 for a 117.
Bailey Strait and Kaitlin Herrick each shot 123 for the Panthers.
“I thought some of our younger girls, who don’t have as much experience, did well,” Rudolph said.
Sage Alquist, Clay Center, was the individual medalist with a 91.
The Concordia junior varsity shot a 565.
Allayna Hanson shot a 134. Kora Snavely had a 139. Kaelyn Ade finished with a 140 and Maddison Peltier had a 152.
Tora Vanous shot 159 for the Panther JV.
Russell 430, Concordia 433, Clay Center 437, Manhattan JV 493, Bennington/Minneapolis 507, Concordia JV 565.
1. S. Alquist, Clay Center, 91; 2. Schulte, Russell, 97; 3. Boxberger, Russell, 98; 4. Ptacek, Russell, 98; 5. Hittle, Concordia, 98; 6. Elzinga, Clay Center, 107; 7. Champlin, Concordia, 108; 8. Poley, Concordia, 110; 9. Schalles, Manhattan, JV, 111; 10. E. Alquist, Clay Center, 117; 11. Dvorak, Concordia, 117; 12. Ostrom, Manhattan, JV, 120.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013