CHS JV wins, 24-22
WAMEGO — Logan Higbee scored three touchdowns, two on interception returns, to lead the Concordia junior varsity football team to a 24-22 win over Wamego Monday night.
Concordia took an 8-0 lead in the first quarter on a 23-yard touchdown run by Higbee, and a two-point conversion run by Blaze Payeur.
Higbee returned an interception 80 yards for a touchdown in the second period.
Ethan Bechard threw to Dalton Walters for the two-point conversion to put the Panthers up 16-8.
Wamego cut the deficit in half, 16-8, with a touchdown and conversion in the second quarter.
Higbee came up with his second interception, and returned it 50 yards for a touchdown in the third period.
Payeur ran in the conversion, and Concordia led 24-8.
Wamego closed the gap to 24-16 with a touchdown and conversion in the third quarter.
The Red Raiders got a 30-yard touchdown pass in the final period, but the conversion failed, and Concordia held on for the 24-22 win.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013