CHS JV wins, 56-52
Ian Nordell and Manny Mares combined for 43 points to lead the Concordia junior varsity boys' basketball team to a 56-52 win over Marysville Tuesday night in the Concordia High School gymnasium.
Nordell poured in 28 points for the Panthers.
Mares finished with 15 points.
Concordia jumped out to an 18-13 first quarter lead.
Marysville scored 11 points in the second period, to 10 for Concordia, and trailed 28-24 at halftime.
The Bulldogs poured in 22 points in the third quarter, and held the Panthers to 10 points, to go up 46-38.
Concordia limited Marysville to six points in the final stanza, and tossed in 18 points to rally for the win.
Brennen Acree scored nine points for Concordia.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014