CHS JV wins in OT
CHAPMAN — Outscoring Chapman 7-6 in overtime, the Concordia junior varsity boys' basketball team picked up a 48-47 victory on Friday night.
The game was tied at 41-41 at the end of regulation.
Concordia got a three-point basket by Chase Streeter, a two by Jager Sieben and two free throws from Manny Mares in the extra period to pull out the win.
Streeter tossed in 25 points for the Panthers. Jace Coppoc and Ian Nordell added six points each.
Concordia had a 10-6 lead after one quarter of play.
Chapman scored 12 points in the second period, to seven for the Panthers, to go up 18-17 at halftime.
Each team scored 12 points in the third quarter, and the Irish led 30-29.
Concordia added 12 points in the fourth period, and allowed 11, to tie the game and force overtime.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014