CHS volleyball opens season with three losses
ABILENE — The Concordia High School volleyball team began their season with three losses at the Abilene Quadrangular here last night.
The Panthers began the night with a 25-16 win over Thomas More Prep.
TMP won the next two games 25-23 and 25-13 for a 2-1 win over Concordia.
Jera Metro led the Panthers with 15 kills in the match.
Jordan Eshbaugh had 12 digs and seven kills, Faith Balthazor had 21 assists, 11 digs and ten service points for Concordia.
The Panthers squared off against Abilene in the second match and fell 25-8 and 25-13.
“Mentally we shut down,” said Panther coach Rio Brown, “we lost intensity and confidence.”
Metro had four kills and six digs in the match.
Leyli Beims and Eshbaugh each had four kills.
Balthazor had 11 assists.
Smoky Valley downed the Panthers 25-12 and 25-9 in the final match.
Metro led the team with four kills.
Balthazor had eight assists.
“We will be fine once we learn to play consistent and keep our momentum and intensity,” said Brown.
The next action for Concordia will be the Southeast of Saline tournament on September 14.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013